Are you trying to find new ways to validate your relationship with a person by giving them a nickname, and by any chance, is the person named Ella? In that case, we have got you covered through this article, where we have tailored and curated a list of nicknames that will be appropriate for somebody who is named Ella.
A name of a person is the prime identity of the person to the world. It is something that people know them through. A person’s name is their face, and it is given to them as the first gift parents give to their children. Well, that is the case of the names, and it gives the person identity. It must be noted that names are more of a formal gesture to a person. At the same time, nicknames serve as an informal way of appreciating and identifying a person in a unique manner that nobody else will comprehend.
A nickname given to a person by another is unique because no two people will have the same nickname for the same reason they were given one. It has been psychologically proven that nicknames have created closeness and frankness with the recipient of the nickname by the giver of the name.
Meaning And The Origin Of The Name Ella:
Often used as a prefix or suffix to names as it was initially done, the name Ella refers to the meaning other and has been originally derived from the spelling Alia. According to the Spanish meaning of the name, the word Ella refers to her or her and one who is considered to be e feminine or simply a girl.
Therefore it is safe to say that Ella is frequently used as a name for girls. Dating back to the beginning of the 20th century, the name Ella Rose to popularity and remained in the charts of the top hundred names for or at least 28 years before it bid goodbye to the list in 1929, and as of 1991, it was seen that it had become a rare name that held the position 901 on the list, making it extremely difficult to find someone who was named Ella. Leaving many surprised, the name Ella rose back to popularity in the year 1992, and as of 2008, surprisingly, it ranked in the top 20 names of the list of baby names.
As is the case of 2021, Ella still holds a rank in the top 20. You may notice a lot of people having the suffix Ella attached with name, which acts as an affectionate elegant suffix to their original name’s full stop. The most common and known example of an Ella is Cinderella from the fairy tales. In its literal Hebrew meaning, Ella referred to a goddess and became extremely popular during the Victorian era when countries that spoke English big and adapted the name into popularity and trends.
Other than this, Ella also referred to a name of a tree. It is also used as a short form for Eleanor and Allen’s names, which refer to the meaning of light. As is the case of its English meaning, it refers to beautiful fairy women.
Nicknames For Ella
- Ella Dear
- Ella B
- Ella Gorella
- El Bell
- Ella Doll
- Ella Boo
- Ella Doe
- Ella Bug
- Ella Bear
- Ella Elf
Famous Personalities Named Ella:
- Ella Jane Fitzgerald: She was an African-American jazz singer who was also known as the First Lady of Song, Queen of Jazz as well as Lady Ella.
- Gabriella Michelle “Ella” Henderson: She is a British singer-songwriter who was the lead of the ninth season of The X Factor held in the year 2012.
- Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O’Connor: She is known famously by her stage name as Lorde hailing from New Zealand as a singer, songwriter, and record producer.
- Ella Josephine Baker: She worked as an African-American civil rights and human rights activist in America.
- Ella Purnell: She is an English actress, who is known for appearing in movies like Never Let Me Go, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children as well as Churchill.
- Gabriela Annjane Umali Cruz also called Ella Cruz: She is a Filipino actress, product endorser, host, commercial and promotional model along with being a dancer.
- Ella Rae Peck: She is an American actress who has portrayed Lola Rhodes in the series Gossip Girl as well as Mia Bowers in Deception.
- Ella Shields: She is a music hall singer along with being a male-impersonator.
When you are trying to look for a nickname for a person, it is also necessary that you study the person you are looking for a name for. You are close. One must have something that he or she is wholly formed of or finds amusing. It can be a hobby food as well as an animal that they like.
For the nickname, you can try giving them after the things that they like. Just try finding out a type of food that reminds you of them or that they like, or go for naming them with plants or animals that they share characteristics with.
The simplest and easiest way to make a nickname that is also very time efficient in nature is simply using a few alphabets from the person’s name. We have tried our best to list all the possible nicknames for the name Ella, and we hope that we were able to match your expectations for the nickname.
We will now request you to please make sure that you spread the word about this article to get the maximum reach and engagement possible and are available to help everyone in dire need of nicknames for their friends, family, or loved ones. Sharing our article will be a significant step towards helping our article reach our goal. Thank you for spending your time on this article and considering us, goodbye.
You Can Also Check Out:
Nicknames For Girl Best Friends